- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TO CONTACT ARTIST:

evan.crain@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

STUDIO 54/CBGB MURAL FOR ALCHEMIST 2015 SEASON


I took a short break from my current location to return to the Milwaukee area. Some of that time was spent creating a mural in Alchemist Theatre, to promote their 2015 season. The theme is New York club scenes, Studio 54 and the CBGB. The mural goes down a stairway and faces a Faust mural I had created back in 2011. With that in mind, there are compositional elements in new mural that mirror the composition in the older one. for example: the Faust mural is basically set up as being this sort of decent in to hell as you walk down the stairs. With this new mural, in a collage sort of way, you start with studio 54, and travel down through Andy Warhol's factory and into the grunge and graffiti of the CBGB.
I am happy with the results, especially considering the small amount of time I had to work on this. I was fortunate to get a little help from my awesome friend April, who definitely saved me a lot of time and allowed me to focus on more detailed parts of the mural. April often helped me paint a few years back when I was designing and constructing sets for Youngblood Theatre Co. So it was great to have her help yet again.

Here are some images in the order in which it was put together:






 This mural was fun to make, and I hope everyone that comes across it will enjoy it.

No comments: