MILWAUKEE IN SHADES OF GOLD

Fully aware of how much I've neglected this blog, I thought I'd sit down this afternoon and just post some images of the project I did for Tied House, in Milwaukee's 3rd Ward. I made this piece combining elements of landforms, history, and architecture of Milwaukee. As the decided place to mount this painting was in a room with large windows letting in natural light, I made a good amount of it with layered metal leaf. With metal leaf being so great at reflecting bright and subtle light, the painting constantly changes with the time of day, interior light, and continuous traffic of customers. Even as you move from one side of the room to the other, the changing light will bring different elements and details to life, while others disappear. It was definitely a fun project and I hope people have fun checking it out. 










Comments